Hobbs Environmental Policy
At Hobbs, we are committed to making a positive, real and sustainable impact on the broader community by adopting environmentally responsible policies.
We believe it is essential that both as a company and as individuals that we should operate in an environmentally conscious manner.
We are keen to promote the sustainable production of Hobbs goods with the emphasis on reducing resource use in manufacture and driving for re-use and an increase in recycling.
Suppliers, their subcontractors and business partners must comply with environmental rules, regulations and standards applicable to the workplace, the products produced, and the methods of manufacture and must observe environmental conscious practices in the locations where they operate and in the materials they use.
Suppliers, their subcontactors and business partners are also expected to treat the land they use for whatever purpose in a respectful way that does no long term damage to it and to be respectful of the diversity of the plant and animal life with which they share it.
Our environmental criteria are important to us and therefore this environmental policy will be assessed equally alongside our other policies.
Our joint commitment:
- Compliance to all relevant legislation to prevent pollution, to reduce and recycle waste, where ever possible. We recycle at our head office, distribution centre and in our stores.
- Compliance with all relevant local and national legislation, regulations and codes of practice, with regular reviews to ensure continued improvements and best practice.
- Working with contractors and suppliers to support them in managing their environmental impact responsibly.
- Promoting environmental impact awareness throughout our business and encouraging appropriate actions by all.
- Seeking to reduce the carbon footprint of our stores, warehouse and Head Office and minimising the environmental impact of transporting our products.
- Setting and regularly reviewing objectives and targets to facilitate continual improvement with regard to our environmental impact.