Looking after your details
We treat your right to privacy very seriously. Here are some things you should know about how we protect any information you provide when communicating with us, including when you visit our website at http://www.hobbs.co.uk. By communicating with us, including when you access and use our website, you are accepting and agreeing to the information practices described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, below.
- Who We Are
Any information provided to or gathered from http://www.hobbs.co.uk (“Website”) in the course of providing services to you is controlled by Hobbs Limited trading as Hobbs (“we, “us”). We are registered in England (Company number: 01577740) and our registered office is: Milton Gate, 60 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4AG, United Kingdom. Our VAT Number is 393 824 029. We are registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Data Protection Registration no.Z4850415. Hobbs is a registered trademark of Hobbs Limited.
- What Information We Collect
When you place an Order or otherwise interact with the Hobbs Website, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
We collect this information in the following ways:
- Information you provide us: when you contact us (including by email, phone, via the Website or otherwise), subscribe for e-mail newsletters and update services, order items from us, participate in market research initiatives or promotional events, complete a questionnaire or competition entry form, submit a job application form or provide a product review.
- Email Communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from Hobbs (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter, by emailing email@example.com or by logging into Your Account and clicking Edit under Newsletter Subscription.
- Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. For example we may update your address information using information from our delivery carriers, or check your credit history information with credit bureaus and other sources we use to process payments.
- How We Use This Information
We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us including for example to:
- Respond to your enquiries; provide you with updates on our services and details of promotional events.
- Process orders and payments and arrange delivery of items.
- Communicate with you regarding orders, promotions and market research initiatives.
- Update our records and maintain any account information you may have with us.
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website.
- Enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf to make the website more useful to you.
- Process job applications.
- Enter you into prize draws to win Hobbs products or benefits;
By placing an order and/or submitting your details to us you agree to this use.
- Data Security
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information we collect from you. We use SSL encryption on our checkout pages to ensure that your credit card details and personal information remains safe.
All personal customer information is stored within a robust secure environment and without exception, our practice is that no data is ever provided to third parties unless acting on behalf of Hobbs as outlined below.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email.
- Who Else May See Your Data
Agents: from time to time we employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling order deliveries, sending customer communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Business transfers: in any corporate transactions (e.g. buying or selling of businesses, stores or business units) Personal Information is generally one of the transferred assets.
Fraud / Credit Risk: where necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk we may exchange your Personal Information with other companies and organisations.
With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share your information.
If we have to transfer your Personal Information to countries outside the European Union (the data protection laws of which may differ from those applying in the European Union) we will ensure it is treated with the same levels of protection as apply in the European Union. By supplying us with your Personal Information you expressly agree to us transferring your Personal Information in this way.
- Marketing Communications From Hobbs
If you have consented during our order process, or by providing your details on our web sign-up page or in one of our stores, we may send you updates and information by post and/or email. These may include joint promotions with our business partners, but we will not share your information with them. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collection of Information by Third Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different to ours. You should check the privacy notices of those third party sites as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by those third party sites
- How to Contact Us